Learning to read music notes can be very difficult and can take lots of practice. Not only do students need to learn what each note is but they also need to learn how to play each note on their instrument. The only way to become fluent with note reading is to practise preferably daily!
Top Five ways to practice note reading:
- Practise sight reading (playing music you haven’t learned yet).
- Say the names of the notes out loud while playing your music.
- Try out a note reading app!
- Practise note flash cards.
- Study in music theory books.
Kama Anderson -Piano teacher