Following a 25-year career in communications and advertising Audrey indulges her passion for music education through teaching the Music For Young Children program along with private piano lessons and music theory. Music has always been an important part of Audrey’s life: teaching private piano lessons while studying Grades IX and X Royal Conservatory early on in adulthood, then coaching her own three children through their musical journeys in piano, horn, guitar, school band programs and dance.
All the while, her own musical growth never stopped. Audrey continued to study music, exploring different genres on the keyboard, then took up the French Horn, which has been her instrument of choice for more than 20 years.
Most recently Audrey has pursued her love of singing through learning opportunities offered by A Joyful Noise community choir. She enjoys an active life as a musician outside of teaching as an active member of the Horn sections of Cosmopolitan Music Society Tuesday Band, the School Boys Alumni Band and Horns A’Plenty, a 20+ member horn choir.
Responsibility – You are responsible to make sure your child attends every class unless he/she is ill. Fun@Home activities are completed each week.
Encouragement – Encourage your child to spend happy music time with you every day.
Satisfaction – Children and parents who come to their lessons prepared receive great satisfaction from music study.
Practice – Five to ten minutes, twice a day, five days a week.
Engagement – Being engaged during your child’s practice time is essential.
Commitment – Learning music is a skill, just like learning to play a sport. To be successful, you must commit to doing the work.
Time – Arrive on time! If you are running more than 5 minutes late, please do not disrupt the class by arriving mid-class.
- Turn off cell phones.
- If your child is disrupting the class, please take him/her out of the room and have a chat with them privately.
- If you are going to be away, a quick text message to my phone number at 780 446 7130 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org is appreciated.
- If you have questions regarding the homework you may call or email me.
- Remember to check your email Tuesday evenings for the homework, and write it down in the Activity Book, and check off which assignments are done on which days.
- If you change a phone number or email address please let me know right away so that I can contact you should there be any reason to reschedule a class (example: a snow day).