Hailey has volunteered as a piano accompanist at church for more than 20 years since she was in grade 6.
In 2001, she earned a Bachelor of Music in Music Composition, Minor in Piano, in South Korea. She received a scholarship for all four years. In 2020, she received the RCM Teaching Elementary Piano Course Certification as well as completed the Alberta Child Care Staff Certification.
Hailey has taught students at all levels of piano and theory for more than 15 years. She has experience teaching all genres, including classical music, jazz, pop, and K-pop, and all levels. She has helped students enjoy music as beginners and successfully prepare for RCM examinations. She is experienced in teaching students of all ages but is uniquely familiar with communication and teaching techniques specific to children.
For the past 15 years, she has also created online music scores and piano lesson plans. She usually likes to compose using the Logic Pro X, a synthesizer, and a bass guitar.
- Please come on time. Lessons are scheduled in quick successions. So if you are late, we cannot extend your lesson to make up for the missed time. Students can reschedule up to two lessons per music year if 24 hours’ advance notice is provided.
- Please prepare and bring the following to your lesson:
- your music and book(s),
- a binder with loose leaf paper
- a dictation note.
- Please practice regularly. Practice at least 30 minutes a day. Since lessons are only once a week, you will see more improvement if you spend time practicing every day.
- Let’s learn piano and theory in a fun and exciting way!