John started playing guitar at the age of 14, learning improvisation and rock music first, then gradually leaning towards classical guitar.
He has been teaching professionally since 2006 and finds it very rewarding work. John can teach and help students prepare for Royal Conservatory of Music examinations, Grant MacEwan/UofA auditions, but can also teach rock and pop music techniques. Most teaching is done through a combination of student request and a variety of method books.
With the recent completion of the Grade 10 guitar exam John is working harder than ever towards the ARCT diploma.
- Students should come to each lesson with their guitar and any music required.
- Students should have time at home to practice every day, the material and length of time will vary greatly between students and will be discussed with John.
- Students should be on time to their lessons, no extensions of time are available.
- Absences and cancellations are dealt with in the registration policy form.
- Students missing 2 or more lessons consecutively without 24hrs notice will have to contact John before continuing their lessons to discuss any issues that may have come up.
John may end the lesson early or cancel the lesson if these conditions are not met. These guidelines are to ensure everybody gets the most that they can from our time together.