Originally from Saskatoon, Max began playing guitar at age 12, initially gravitating toward rock and metal music. His first formal education was studying classical guitar from ages 15-18. Over the years, he has explored many genres of guitar, from rock/pop to classical, and most recently jazz/funk.
Max graduated from the Recording Arts Institute of Saskatoon in 2012, earning his certificate in audio engineering. Max moved to Edmonton in 2013 to attend university. He graduated in the spring of 2017 from Grant MacEwan University with a bachelor’s degree in music composition. He has been teaching guitar professionally for 2 years and enjoys the profession immensely. Max can teach and prepare students for university auditions, as well as teach music theory in various capacities. Max is also actively pursuing a career in composing/film scoring.
- Students should come to each lesson with their guitar and any music required.
- Students should have time at home to practice every day, the material and length of time will vary greatly between students and will be discussed with Max.
- Students should be on time for their lessons, no extensions of time are available.
- Absences and cancellations are dealt with in the registration policy form.
- Students missing 2 or more lessons consecutively without 24 hrs notice will have to contact Max before continuing their lessons to discuss any issues that may have come up.
Max may end the lesson early or cancel the lesson if these conditions are not met. These guidelines are to ensure students get the most that they can from our time together.